Welcome to the 29th International Conference on environmental Geochemistry and Health, organized by EcoLab (Laboratoire Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Environnement) under the auspices of the Society for Environmental Geochemistry and Health (www.segh.net)
We are delighted to welcome you in the city of Toulouse, in South of France, to enjoy a week of Science, Sun and Culture!
BOOK YOUR AGENDA NOW: The conference will take place from July 8th to 12th, 2013 !
REGISTER AND SUBMIT FROM NOVEMBER 1st, 2012!
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUMISSION EXTENDED: FEBRUARY 15th, 2013
Registration and submission will open on November 1st, 2012. Please create your account, submit your abstract AND register. Registering does not imply paying the conference fees. It just means you are registered in our list of participants. Payement platform will open in January 2013. CHECK THE GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS FOR MORE INFORMATION !
Themes and sessions articulated around three main topics :
- Biogeochemistry and Health: Particles and elements interactions with Humans, environmental and chemical exposure triggering health issues
- Biogeochemistry and Ecotoxicology (water, living organisms): Pollutant pathways from sources to receptors, challenges in soil and water quality control and policies, bioaccumulation of pollutants in the trophic chain, bioremediation and detoxification, modeling the fate of nutrients and contaminants in the environment.
- Spatial and Temporal Geochemical Records of Pollution including catchment studies (trace elements, isotopes, monitoring): Fluxes and interface interactions of contaminants and nutrients in the environment, integrating contamination transfer from local to global scale.
- Frontiers in Mercury Biogeochemistry and Health
- Bioaccessibility of pollutants in soils and vegetables
- Arsenic: Current issues of speciation, environmental behavior, and human health impacts